We are reaching an exciting milestone on 26 January 2022 – the release of our tenth episode featuring an incredible guest.
For this episode, we want you to come EXPRESS yourself with the Send Space. We invite you to send in your own voice recordings about your epic adventures, your thoughts about the climbing community, or your responses to anything our previous guests (or hosts or advertisers) have mentioned. This is your opportunity to have your voice heard! What are you burning to say?
If storytelling isn’t your thing, why not send us any other form of expression – music you’ve composed, poems you’ve written, art you’ve created, photos you’ve taken – anything that has been inspired by this climbing universe.
We plan to feature as many of you as possible in episode 10!
For voice-recorded entries:
- Climb under your duvet or into a sleeping bag with your head covered.
- Record your story under the covers (this helps with sound quality!) keeping as still as you can, to avoid noise. Use your phone’s built-in voice recorder (not a WhatsApp voicenote). Keep the phone mic approx. 5 cm from your face while chatting, or use your ear/headphone microphone.
- Remember to introduce yourself – your name and your climbing background/relevant context.
- Just chat to us like you are telling your story to a friend! You don’t have to tell it perfectly. Fumbling and false starts are fine. Recordings can be anywhere from 2 to 10 minutes.
- When you’re done, name the file with [Yourname_Keyword(s)] For example, Aimee_SendingToolbox.
- Send the file via WeTransfer to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the description, please give us your Instagram handle, full name and email address. You can also throw in any other info you think is useful.
- Listen to episode 10 when it comes out and see if you made the cut!
For poems, music and artwork:
- Poem: Either record the reading of your poem and follow the steps above, or send the text to email@example.com. Let us know if you would like us to read it out on the show, or feature it as a blog/IG post and let people read it for themselves.
- Music: Send your recording file via WeTransfer to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the description, please give us your Instagram handle, full name and email address. You can also throw in any other info you think is useful.
- Artwork/photos: Send your digital file via WeTransfer to email@example.com. In the description, please give us your Instagram handle, full name and email address. You can also throw in any other info you think is useful. If you would like to display the piece physically, let us know. If we get enough pieces, we might just be able to put on an exhibition!
Note: By sending in your contributions to this episode, you automatically give us permission to publish your work (with credit to you) on our website, social media sites and in our episodes.
Submissions close on 15 Dec!
Any questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or DM us on Instagram!